Saturday, November 14, 2009

Body Buck Thoughts

After looking at the on-lines plans for the body buck (http://www.ffcobra.com/FAQ/bodybuck02.html) I decided to implement a quick re-design after measuring the highest point on the frame at Build School when the car was mounted on 13” jack stands. For others following this thread, I have decided to build a clearance of 48” under the front and rear body supports.

In addition because of the number of boxes I am expecting when the kit arrives, I also included a full shelf to my design.

The following material was all purchased from Lowes:
4 sheets of 7/16” x 4’ x 8’ OSB Sheet
10 length of 2” x 4” x 8’ studding
1Lb Box of 1 5/8” Course Drywall Screws
1Lb Box of 2 1/2” Course Drywall Screws
3/4" x 6’ x 3/8” Foam Pipe Insulation
Titebond Original Wood Glue 8oz

The 4 x 5” Castor wheels were purchased from Harbor Freight. My plan is still to complete the body buck over Thanks Giving.

1 comment:

  1. Fraser
    Definitely go higher on the body buck. My back was just a little short based on the jack stands I used. Make sure you have clearance for the garage door on the high side.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete